Thursday, August 28, 2008

Labor Day Weekend Love

Labor Day has always been my favorite "long weekend". Even though this time of year is no longer filled with the excitement of going back to school (think about how amazing that first week of high school, college or grad school was each September... old friends, new supplies, new outfits... pure bliss if you ask me), Labor Day weekend will always be significant in my life because it marks our wedding anniversary. Our first one is fast approaching and all week I've been trying to mentally relive all the excitement that came with Labor Day weekend 2007 in Charlottesville. Random memory from the Thursday before Labor Day, one year ago... our two families met up and worked together, for about 6 hours mind you, to assemble well over 100 of hotel welcome bags for our guests (even though they didn't exactly match our wedding theme colors, I adore the striped canvas bags). Believe it or not, this activity was super fun because it meant the wedding weekend was finally here.


But more wedding memories and pics another day. Right now, I'm anxiously trying to decide what to pack for our anniversary trip back to Charlottesville, with a little detour to St. Michaels, Maryland on the way. Here's what I came up with:



If only I actually had all of these items... Happy almost Labor Day Weekend!

1 comment:

Suburban prep said...

Looks like you will have a fabulous wardrobe for your time away.